Monday, October 15, 2007

Try It, You Might Like It (Seoul, Korea)


Okay. Try it you'll like it. Yeah, go ahead--try it and you'll like it. If you don't try it, you don't know if you'll ever like it. So . . .

I've tried kimchi--I know I don't lke kimchi. This is pork, right? Perfect--I like pork. See, if you don't try it, you don't know if you like it.

I've never been to Korea, so I decided to come here and explore a little bit, and try some things I've never experienced before. That's the key to life--you have to try things. So don't be afraid to give it a shot. I don't even speak Korean--it's not easy to come to a strange country and don't speak the language--or eat strange food that you don't like.

So, but--try it, you might like it. See you next time!

Key Words

Kimchi--noun--horrible tasting cabbage completely covered with pepper and garlic. Yuck!

Experienced--verb--having the opportunity to touch, see, feel a place or thing.

Give it a shot--idiom--take a chance on something.

3 comments:

LIBRA said...

I like the idea. If you don't try it, how do you know you like it or not? Give yourself a chance. It is good to experience new things all the time. Be open mind. Your world will be different.

Cynthia

Teacher Bill said...

We must have an open mind, and try different things, Cynthia. Then we find out what we like and don't like. Take care,

Bill

Anonymous said...

I laughed at your description of Kimchi. You suggested that it was horible and yucky, something like kids would say about eating broccoli. There are other types of Kimchi which you might find more appealing. You should try them.

Elsa